The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Location - This position is 100% remote, based in US.
We are looking to add a Director of Business Process Automation to the Business Systems team! The team here at GitLab is in charge of designing, delivering, and maintaining high quality business systems solutions by applying project management methodology.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
All the responsibilities of a Business Systems Analyst at previous levels, plus:
- Develop trusted advisor partnerships with leaders in the key business areas of Finance, Product, Sales, and HR including Chief Accounting Officer, VP Controller, Sr Director of Revenue, Sr Director of Product Monetization, Sr Director of Sales Operations, Director of Sales Systems
- Partner with business and technology teams to evaluate and prioritize projects, determine efficiency gains, and sequence delivery
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to define business projects that gain process efficiencies across multiple processes (i.e. Reduce close time, reduce clicks in the quote to order process, drive automation in order to invoice, etc)
- Own the delivery of key projects and programs that help the broader business drive efficiencies
- Measure and manage the output of your team’s work
- Identify and drive improvements to processes and policies across business processes
- Set the vision, hire, build, coach, and manage a highly productive team; set priorities and goals for the team.
- Be a culture definer and evolver of GitLab Values
We're looking for
All the requirements of a Business Systems Analyst at previous levels, plus:
- Proven track record of improving operational efficiency
- Expert at influencing business stakeholders, with proven success serving as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to bring frameworks and processes to ambiguity
- Team player with exceptional work ethic
- Intellectual curiosity with rigorous attention to detail and passion for problem-solving
- 10 years experience, demonstrating consistent advancement or development, with at least half in related roles
- Over three years in a high-growth technology company, working hands-on with our tech stack at our stage in operational maturity
- Ability and desire to grow and coach less tenured team-members
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $124,100 - $226,100 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.