The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Senior Director of Field Enablement is a seasoned global Sales, Partner, and Customer Success Enablement leader with the ability to thrive in a growing software DevOps organization. Reporting to the VP of Revenue Operations, they are responsible for directing program teams to manage a virtual, world-class global sales training and enablement program that supports the Field Sales organization by optimizing impactful enablement strategies.
The Senior Director, Field Enablement is a grade 11.
- Identifies new innovative solutions leveraging a cross-functional GTM approach to optimizing field enablement
- Aligns with senior management and sales leadership on Sales Enablement priorities by segment and global regions
- Measures and reports on business impact of enablement programs and helps to recommends and influence GTM Functional Leaders
- Establishes and tracks key metrics for sales enablement and make recommendations to help increase sales productivity
- Creates an at-ready sales messaging and enablement plans that supports the sales organization to meet/exceed their revenue targets through engaging customer interactions that increase sales velocity
- Ensures that enablement programs incorporate product, solutions, operations and sales contributions coupled with simple adoption techniques to increase productivity.
- Effectively program manages multiple projects across the greater enablement team and adapt to shifting priorities
- Drives change management and communication to ensure onboarding programs are being deployed effectively and consistently across segment and global regions
- Partners with other divisional leaders (People Operations, Recruiting, Marketing, etc.) to ensure alignment and consistency of enablement programs across the company.
- Demonstrated progressive software sales experience with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source, preferably in sales enablement or management.
- Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives, leadership and team members.
- Drive quarterly OKRs process across teams, managers and cross-functionally to ensure alignment towards goals
- Leadership experience of working effectively with cross-functional teams and creating a strategy and framework by which team members can contribute
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, teaching, facilitating and writing skills
- Experience planning and executing large global Sales Kickoff and related events
- Shares our values, and works in accordance with those values.
- Holds their peers and team accountable for working in accordance with our values.
- Senior Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
- IACV vs Plan
- Percent of Ramped Reps at or Above Quota
- Forecast/pipeline management
- Pipeline conversion and velocity
For Colorado residents:
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.