GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Sr. Program Manager, Field Manager Enablement
- Define, scope, prioritize, build, and implement a scalable manager and leadership training and certification program for people managers in the field organization (Sales, Customer Success, Channels & Alliances, Field Operations)
- Collaborate closely with the Corporate L&D team to leverage and amplify manager and leadership development offerings while tailoring delivery and extending additional training and enablement aligned to unique requirements from the field organization
- Collaborate closely with field leaders and functional enablement program managers to operationalize and expand the existing Field Manager Development Program
- Ensure managers in the field organization are equipped with content, resources, tools and training needed to confidently and competently lead their teams and deliver results including but not limited to attracting and retaining top talent, onboarding, coaching, performance management, and supporting the growth and professional development of direct reports
- Construct a short, medium, and long-term enablement vision for manager and leadership development for the field organization that facilitates a culture of continuous learning
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of manager and leadership enablement investments and programs
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the manager learning experience and identify innovative techniques for enablement/training delivery
- As needed, build business case for additional manager and leadership training and enablement resources and/or investments
- Demonstrable experience building and/or managing effective leadership or manager development programs, preferably with Sales and/or Customer success teams
- Strong program management background and ability to break complex tasks into discrete steps for effective project management and execution
- Knowledge and familiarity with change management best practices
- Strategic thinking skills combined with a strong ability to execute and deliver results
- Experience growing within a small start-up; strong ability to interact and influence effectively with senior executives, managers, and team members
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Strong preference for someone with prior people management experience, particularly in a sales manager capacity
- Share and work in accordance with GitLab's values
- Prior sales enablement experience as well as knowledge and familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle, DevOps, open source software, and SaaS not required but considered a plus
The next steps for the Program Manager, Field Enablement Job Family would be to move to the Field Enablement Leadership Job Family.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 team members
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $92,700 - $162,900 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.