GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Go-to-Market (GTM) Planning and Operations job family supports GitLab's go-to-market planning and compensation design, as well as the associated analytics and tools. They partner cross functionally across the Chief Revenue Officer's organization.
- Iterate on the Field Planning & Bottoms-up Quota Capacity Models; maintain throughout the year and use to drive insights that improve efficiency of the GTM motion
- Drive all aspects of compensation design for roles across the CRO organization (including core Sales, Customer Success, Channel, Alliances, Management and others); Collaborate closely with Sales, Finance, Sales Commissions & Ops in the process
- Deliver insightful comp analytics that lead to improvements in the design and effectiveness of compensation models
- Support quota/compensation troubleshooting throughout the year
- Support the evaluation and implementation of software tools required for Field, Quota and Territory planning
- Provide the CRO organization with thoughtful insights about the effectivness of Go-To-Market planning initiatives
- Participate in the execution of the annual Go-To-Market planning process for the CRO organization
- Partner closely with Sales Finance and the rest of Field Operations to help design an efficient, effective and predictable GTM motion
- Participate in the design and implementation of Go-To-Market experimentation (e.g. Land vs. Expand pilots)
- Willingness to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g. Finance, People Operations and Sales) and support multiple business partners
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous experience in Consulting, Banking, PE or Strategy roles a big plus
- Basic SQL skills a big plus; we have experts, but it helps tremendously
- SFDC and Xactly familiarity and knowledge of typical enterprise SaaS tools
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills with high motivation to drive high value insights
- Some experience with go-to-market design & sales planning initiatives
- Experience collaborating closely with leaders at the Sr. Manager level and below
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters,
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute interview with the Hiring Manager,
- Next, candidates can expect 2-5 separate 25 minute interviews with other Team Members,
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 50 minute interview with an Executive.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.