GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Channel Sales Manager - Alliances Business Development - Public Sector
US remote, ideally based in Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland.
As a Public Sector Channel Manager your primary goal will be to build pipeline and channel revenue with high performance partners. This high-energy position requires the candidate to be extremely motivated and results-driven – with follow through to create and qualify partner-initiated opportunities.
The Public Sector Channel Manager is a grade 8.
- Identify and recruit new federal reseller partners in key markets through market analysis and cross-leveraging channel ecosystems of key alliance partners
- Coordinate and conduct sales training for partner onboarding
- Manage sales opportunities with all designated Partners, providing accurate and updated sales funnel.
- Build and maintain quarterly business plans for top partner accounts.
- Development of territory plan, including documenting recruiting strategy.
- Assist Partners in broadening their product expertise and sales opportunities, striving for growth from all associated selling resources.
- Provide timely and on-going deal support to help close new opportunities at identified resellers including pricing requests, resource coordination, and other partner management activities.
- Drive marketing initiatives, go-to-market programs, and demand generation activities that will result in new reseller sales opportunities
- Proactively develop incentives or contests that will increase GitLab’s consideration rate within the reseller’s sales force.
- Provide overall relationship management and act as the central point of contact for channel resellers and distributors.
- Be a key contributor to help define and scale the optimal channel partner program.
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Recent experience in software Federal Channel Sales is mandatory including knowledge of 2-tier (distribution) reseller models.
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- Very motivated and goal-oriented
- Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $102,000 - $153,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.