GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
About the Verify team
GitLab is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Verify frontend team. This team consists of six frontend engineers from all around the globe that tackle the majority of frontend work across the Verify stage. You'll be working with the Pipeline Authoring group, but may jump into other areas of Verify from time-to-time.
The Pipeline Authoring group develop tools to help you create and manage your pipelines. Pipeline Authoring balances maintaining core features of the product with developing newer areas.
One key area is maintaining the pipeline graph; a feature that's crucial to the success of our CI/CD product. This involves high-impact work used by many of our top customers.
We also have the newly developed pipeline editor. This work is more greenfield and will have you developing new features on to our monaco web editor. There's some really exciting features coming up in this growing area of the product.
- Handbook page: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/engineering/development/ops/verify/pipeline-authoring/
- Pipeline Editor Branch Switcher Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60sLF3phB7g
- Pipeline Editor Docs: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/pipeline_editor/
- Pipeline Authoring Direction: https://about.gitlab.com/direction/verify/pipeline_authoring/
- Unfiltered playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL05JrBw4t0Kol1jCvpk_hqGJrbZ7DnihP
- Develop features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Designers, Frontend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, and propose and implement solutions.
- Consistently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
You should apply if you bring:
- Shared values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Professional experience building Frontend web applications using VueJS or another modern frontend framework.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates.
- Aspiration toward building our culture of communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of an organization.
You'll stand out if you bring:
- Experience with the Monaco editor or similar.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, GraphQL or other tools in our tech stack.
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
- Experience with GitLab CI and CI tools.
- Experience with writing automation tests using Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape, etc.
We know it's tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don't have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Remote
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $107,500 - $188,900 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.