GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Our Digital Experience team is growing, and we're looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join our global, fully distributed team. In this role, you'll work with a team of Developers and Designers to run the marketing website as an open source project. You'll collaborate across the company to support the architecture and engineering of about.gitlab.com and will report to the Senior Manager of Digital Experience.
What you'll do in this role
- Implement frameworks, code style guides, and templates to empower everyone to contribute.
- Implement site speed improvements and technical SEO.
- Support the architecture and engineering (HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby, Middleman, Haml) of about.gitlab.com.
- Assist in building and maintaining our Content Management System.
- Run the marketing website as an open source project, optimizing for maximum contributions to both code and content.
We're looking for
- 3-5 years experience specializing in full stack development, website and web applications.
- Understanding of responsive design and best practices.
- The ability to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design.
- Knowledge of Git and comfortability using the command line.
- Experience with Jamstack, Ruby, and Middleman (and/or other static site generators).
- Ability to use GitLab.
- Previous experience with Static Site Generators like Middleman, Jekyll, Hugo, etc., preferred.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company, preferred.
- A positive outlook on changing priorities, preferred.
- The ability to proactively question and improve priorities, preferred.
- Marketing engineers should be familiar with marketing concepts such as conversion, analytics, A/B testing, lead generation, buyer journeys, and search engine optimization.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.