GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Sales Strategy Job Family helps develop and execute GitLab's Global Sales Strategy. The Sales Strategy Job Family partners close with Sales Leadership to identify opportunities and improve efficiencies.
Sales Strategy Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a Channel & Alliance Strategy by working with Leadership and GTM teams, including owning and driving key initiatives and projects, such as global expansion model and 3-year Channel business plan
- Partner with Channel & Alliance Leadership to formulate, develop and operationalize regional/segment business plans and go-to-market strategies
- Prepare Channel & Alliance strategy presentations for the C-level & Board of Directors
- Propose and develop best in class methodologies and metrics for success based on various GTM and partner (alliance/channel)
- Be the subject matter expert on Channel & Alliance business case & value proposition; Develop attribution models to support investable deployment of capital
- Identify opportunities to improve go-to-market efficiencies and lead efforts to scale
- Support Channel & Alliances Annual planning effort and help ensure a unified and effective GTM model across Web, Direct and Channel motions.
- Drive quarterly planning with Geo Sales Leaders and provide ad-hoc analytical support
- Conduct sophisticated, creative and objective analyses, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Be a trusted advisor to Sales Leadership
Sales Strategy Manager Requirements:
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated progressive experience in an analytical role within a technology business. Preference for Sales Strategy, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Management Consulting, Venture Capital/Private Equity, and/or Investment Banking backgrounds
- Ability to present to and influence C-suite executives
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive program management and execution
- Extensive track record of building high-quality and complex models and presentations
- Superb analytical skills and technical aptitude
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or similar analytical packages a plus
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Phone screen with a GitLab Recruiting team member
- Video Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with 1-4 team members
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.