GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Contract Manager is responsible for managing the contracting process for sales, procurement and non-sales engagements. At the direction of the Director of Contracts & Legal Operations, the Contract Manager will review, negotiate, and manage all contracts, as well as oversee the overall contracting process.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts including services, consulting, marketing, licensing, non-disclosure, data privacy, and other commercial and technology related agreements
- Perform risk analysis review for all contractual documents and recommend mitigating options
- Understand the Company and products in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies
- Input completed contracts into the contract management system and capture key terms
We're looking for
- Minimum of 5 years of contracts drafting, reviewing and negotiation experience at a software technology company
- BA/BS required. JD, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other technology-related agreements.
- Understanding of data privacy requirements.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.