GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
- Extends that of the Manager, Team Member Relations responsibilities.
- Oversight and management of the Team Member Relations Team.
- Develop our investigation and team member relations processes, policies and objectives in partnership with Legal and People team functions.
- Establishes strategic partnerships and supports business units on employee relations concerns, performance management initiatives and change management.
- Responsible for reporting on and identifying team member relations trends and patterns and utilizing this data to develop and recommend strategic approaches to drive change and mitigate risk to GitLab.
- Partner closely with People Business Partners, Legal, Learning and Development, and People Operations and Systems to implement solutions and help scale GitLab.
- Ensures adherence to a wide range of practices including recruiting, hiring, performance management and compensation.
- Designs, facilitates, and scales Manager Training based on data analysis.
- Responds to and directly manages highly sensitive investigations, summarizes findings, and provides recommended resolutions to executive and other levels of management when necessary.
- Extends that of the Manager Team Member Relations requirements
- 10+ years experience in employee relations
- 5+ years experience managing a team
- Solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Empathetic compassionate and human
- Objective, fair, and compliant with local laws and regulations
- Strong project and change management experience
- Demonstrated experience learning and thriving in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills; ability to communicate complicated solutions in a simple, digestible way with data
- Experience working with confidential data
- Desire and enthusiasm to build processes and practices to create and elevate how team members experience their journey at GitLab
- Team Member Case Management
- Team member relations will respond to all requests for assistance from team members within 24 hours.
- All cases are resolved in a consistent, fair and unbiased process.
- Identify and resolve potential risks to GitLab.
- Provide all GitLab team members an avenue to express workplace concerns and to resolve conflicts in a safe and unbiased forum.
- When surveyed, >90% utilizing the Team Member Relations team report effective interactions and outcomes, and resolutions to their concerns.
- Overall employee sentiment is positive (>80%) on the Engagement Survey.
- Effective partnership with key stakeholders such as People Business Partners, Legal and People Success.
The next step in the job family is VP, People Operations, or Director, People Business Partner.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Senior Manager, People Operations
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with members of the People Business Partner Team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with members of the Legal team
- After that, candidates will be invited to interview with the Senior Director, People Success
- Finally, our CPO may choose to conduct a final interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.