GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Technical Account Management (TAM) team focuses on the themes of align, enable, and expand. We align with customers' desired business outcomes, enable them on their existing use cases, and work with them to expand into additional use cases, ensuring ongoing and ever-improving customer return-on-investment.
Additionally, our team serves as liaisons between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others. TAM handbook.
- Working exclusively with Public Sector customers
- Partner with our customers to generate positive business outcomes through effective use of GitLab products and services.
- Know the Gitlab platform, our more common best practices, and use cases in order to guide the customer
- Understand the customer journey and be able to guide customers on future adoption
- Act as the GitLab liaison for GitLab questions, issues, or escalations. Work with GitLab Support, Product Management (i.e., roadmaps), or other teams as needed
- Own a book of assigned customers, with a focus on increasing adoption, ensuring retention and growth, and overall customer satisfaction
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on GitLab releases
- TS/SCI Security Clearance if applicable
- Ability to obtain a full scope poly a plus
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and cloud-native
- Alignment with our values, and willingness to work in accordance with those values
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Familiarity working with customers of all sizes, especially large enterprise organizations
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but self-starter
- Project management experience & skills
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters,
- Next, candidates will complete an Assessment,
- Next, candidates will interview with 2-4 GitLab team members and the hiring manager,
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with a Public Sector department executive
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.