GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Sales Commission's team manage GitLab's commissions programs globally. This team works cross-functionally and leverage systems for all related business processes.
- Own worldwide commissions calculations, reporting, policies and provide first-tier support for all end-user technical or commission inquiries. Includes sales, customer success, alliances, and market development.
- Partner with various functions such as Sales Operations, People Operations and Finance to establish best practices, as well as drive ongoing process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions methodology, calculations and reporting
- Provides high quality, timely responses to the CRO management team and communicates complex logic and analysis in a manner that is consumable
- Ownership of commissions systems process and infrastructure, along with project manage implementation of any changes
- Participate as a key member of the Sales Incentive team and provide guidance on global design, delivery of deployed plans, governance, controls, metrics and best practices
- Research compensation issues, disputes, appeals and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals, deferrals, reconciliations and provide fluctuation analysis for commissions accounting
- Train new hires with variable compensation on plans and system
- Maintain data integrity within Xactly, Salesforce.com and other related systems
- Assist external audit firm on commission related matters for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with SOX for compensation documents, processes, programs and policies
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative fields preferred
- 8+ years relevant experience and a solid understanding of sales incentive programs, processes and procedures
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g. Finance, People Operations and Sales) and support multiple business partners
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Deep SFDC, Commission Tool expertise and knowledge of typical enterprise SaaS tools
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 teammates
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.