The Technical Account Management (TAM) team focuses on the themes of align, enable, and expand. We align with customers' desired business outcomes, enable them on their existing use cases, and work with them to expand into additional use cases, ensuring ongoing and ever-improving customer return-on-investment.
Additionally, our team serves as liaisons between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others. TAM handbook.
- Mentor and enable the team to exceed company growth and retention forecasts
- Work with the Customer Success Director to help establish and manage goals and responsibilities for TAMs
- Manage a team of highly motivated, customer-focused TAMs to manage the overall health and care of accounts (e.g., onboarding customers, stage adoption, executive business reviews, and successful renewals)
- Ensure the TAMs exceed Gitlab expectations in core knowledge, communication, and execution
- Challenge the team and yourself to learn and grow as trusted advisors to customers continually
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead the team members to their optimum performance levels and career development, providing timely feedback and development assistance
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used
- Develop senior-level relationships with customers
- Partner with other team leaders to ensure the customer is supported in times of escalation
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering and Product to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals, initiatives
- Oversee initiatives set forth in OKRs
- Work together with the other managers to execute strategies and vision with the Director
- Represent Gitlab leadership and reflect our Gitlab values in internal and external interactions
- Proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting
- Proven experience leading teams, driving software adoption, and building and scaling customer success management practices
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools as well as agile and/or DevOps practices
- Knowledgeable with cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
- Demonstrated ability to lead managers and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies
- Possession of a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstration of operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
- Holds strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Comfortable giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Strategic thinking about business, products, and technical challenges
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters,
- Next, candidates will complete an Assessment,
- Next, candidates will interview with 2-4 GitLab team members and the hiring manager,
- Then, candidates will be asked to perform a demonstration,
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with an executive or the CEO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.