Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work with GitLab's top enterprise customers. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. Solution Architects can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
- Understand and evangelize GitLab's vision, strategy, and values to your team while also translating them for application to team-specific scenarios.
- Grow a highly effective team through hiring, coaching, and retention of personnel.
- Provide continuous feedback to your team members as well as peers and leaders.
- Be accountable for the overall execution of your team while tracking key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide clear communication to your team, peers, and leadership on all essential matters.
- Guide by example while performing the responsibilities of a solution architect to drive customer success.
- Work closely with regional sales managers on strategy
- Experienced in mentoring people, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Experienced in collaborating with other managers and executing strategies
- Previous leadership experience is a plus
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Customer Success VP or Director.
- Candidate will then schedule an interview with an SA management peer.
- Then, candidates will present a business plan to include 30/60/90 day approach, outcomes, and metrics.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.