We are looking for an Area Sales Manager (ASM) to support our Mid-Market business within EMEA. As the ASM, you will lead a dynamic Mid-Market sales team and help GitLab surpass our growth goals. Reporting to the Global Sales Director, you will be responsible for hiring, developing, and leading a high-performing team of Mid-Market Account Executives to meet and exceed sales goals. The right candidate is truly passionate about open source software and has a proven track record to talk about! This is an exciting opportunity to influence GitLab’s overall success and growth unequivocally.
- Drive, manage and execute the business and revenue of a sales team
- Analyzes market dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Educates team on significant industry factors, including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Ensures that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Manages a team of 5-10 Mid-Market Account Executives and fosters a successful and positive team environment
- 10+ years experience in field sales, operations, and leadership in open source software or software DevOps environment
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; eager to “roll up your sleeves” and co-sell
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as Salesforce, Clari, etc.).
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations; ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills; Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others
- Ability to travel as needed
- You share our values and work per those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Application Review
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with staffing / recruiter.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager (Global Sales Director).
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute peer style interview with current Area Sales Managers.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 50 minute executive interview with the VP of Commercial Sales.
- Next, candidates will be invited to present their management plan to the panel (members from the previous steps).
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found at the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.mote-UK