Senior Sales Operations Analyst
This position is remote, based in the United States.
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. Our customer success teams are responsible for ensuring that our customers are wildly successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. A complete long-term engagement of planning, strategy, coaching, services and relationship building ensures our customers exceed their goals and digitally transform. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production and we don’t take that responsibility lightly. We have an incredible existing, and rapidly growing, customer base, with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst will help to support the Field organization by optimizing critical business processes, productivity tools and ensuring consistency as we scale our WW Field Teams. This requires collaboration with cross-functional departments and leveraging systems for all related business processes. The candidate must be extremely well organized, analytical, detailed-oriented and quality-minded. You bring your sales support and operations knowledge to help drive innovative solutions and optimize field effectiveness.
In particular, experience managing strategic projects from inception to completion, along with a firm understanding of any associated tools and systems changes needed to support the initiative is critical to the role. This is a great opportunity to support a fast growing company where your responsibilities will increase exponentially with your ability. The role will support the vision of GitLab’s sales leadership team and will report to the Sr. Manager of Sales Operations.
- Own the evaluation, creation and maintenance of our sales territories to support growth and success across our Sales teams and working with Sales Leaders to iterate
- Dedication to high level of Data Integrity, Enrichment and hygiene
- Provide first-tier support for any end-user technical or process questions in Salesforce and other systems primarily managed by Sales Operations
- Work within our growing Field Operations team as a utility player: systems + process + business
- Ability to document and manage offshore resources to support internal data integrity projects or processes
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant enterprise growth
- Develop best practices that align sales data quality with company initiatives
- Monitor system adoption and data compliance and governance
- Deliver basic reporting and analysis of sales KPIs
- Document any process changes to our Sales Handbook
- 4+ years in a sales operations capacity, preferably for SaaS companies with a solid understanding of the subscription business model.
- Highly adept at Salesforce, LeanData and ZoomInfo
- Self starter without the need for micro-management We’re a distributed (ie, remote) company, so you’ll need to be focused enough to complete deliverables without any managerial oversight.
- Experience implementing and managing a Sales Territory Management tool
- Comfortable communicating over multiple channels: video calls, Slack, email, GitLab issues
- Ability to move fast and juggle multiple projects- all while keeping very close attention to detail.
- Deliver what you can and believe in iteration as a lifestyle, don’t get bogged down on a single project.
- Experience supporting 50+ Salesforce users at some point in your sales operations career. Bonus points if you’ve scaled to 200+ users.
- Familiarity with (or at least are aware of) Marketo, Zuora, Clari, RingLead
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 teammates
- There may be a final executive interview for any IC role, there will be an executive interview for any Manager level role.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.