Thank you for your interest in the GitLab Engineering Internship program!
We do not have any internship positions open at this time.
Register your interest with the program and we may contact you when this changes. You can monitor the status of our Engineering internship program in our handbook!
We're the world’s largest all-remote company, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) are fundamental to the success of GitLab. We want to infuse DIB in every way possible and in all that we do. We strive to create a transparent environment where all team members around the world feel that their voices are heard and welcomed. We also aim to be a place where people can show up as their full selves each day and contribute their best. With more than 100,000 organizations using GitLab, our goal is to have a team that is representative of our users.
A brief overview of the Engineering Department
Our Engineering department is made up of over 500+ team members who are spread across the world. We've previously hired interns into our Development and Security departments.
We do not know the departments we will hire interns into in the future. Departments within Engineering are...
Submit your information if:
- You are interested in an internship with the above departments
- You will be looking for an internship that begins in 2021
- You are proficient in the English language, both written and verbal.
- You are comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- You have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- You have effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- You have an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- You are Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- You are able to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You are able to use GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Typical Hiring Process
- 30 minute screening call with the Recruiter
- 90 minute technical interview
- 60 minute behavioral panel interview
- 60 minute senior leader interview
- Reference Checks
*Process may vary depending on the role
- Our Engineering Internship handbook page
- What it's like to intern on the Security team at GitLab
- 5 Things I Learned During My Summer Intern on the Data Team
Meet GitLab Engineering Team Members
To be considered for our current or future opportunities, please submit your information below. Keep in mind that by submitting your information, you are not applying directly to a internship. You are simply joining our talent community so that we can contact you if there’s a match now or in the future. You can learn more about our recruiting model on our Jobs FAQ page.