The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.
- Financial Acumen: Have a solid understanding of financial statements.
- Project Management: Run medium-sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience CFO, CFO staff and a functional EVP.
- Financial Modeling: Ability to understand or build bottom up financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business.
- Business Partnership: Engage with stakeholders regarding business strategy, go to market, functional and company strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning. Collaborate with accounting/data/IT teams on process improvement projects.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process, make recommendations to improve the process. Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities.
- Data Analysis: Summarize key data driven insights to members of the executive team to drive better outcomes, an increase in revenue or decrease in cost. Participate in monthly key reviews for your functional area.
- Financial Process Improvement: Execute improvements to processes within your own workflow. Document in the company handbook.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- Experience owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- 5-7 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, Sisense and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.