This position is 100% remote, based in the US.
The Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Legal team in areas of commercial contracting, corporate finance, compliance, and other matters as needed.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role...
- Administer, maintain and manage the legal issue tracker for the Corporate division.
- Prepare standard agreements for Corporate.
- Responding to and running point on internal and/or external questionnaires.
- Assist in-house legal team in coordinating federal, state and local regulatory compliance documents.
- Support corporate governance functions by assisting with drafting reports, maintaining records, completing forms and updating documents.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in preparing documents, conducting due diligence and performing other responsibilities related to corporate acquisitions.
- Conduct research in support of the legal team, as required.
- Work on other projects as assigned.* Support responding to internal and/or external compliance and other questionnaires.
We're looking for...
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in an in-house legal department in a paralegal capacity.
- Paralegal certification.
- Strong attention to detail and affinity for use of various types of technologies.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- A curious mind who does not back down from a challenge.
- Previous experience in a Global Start-up and remote first environment preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.