This position is 100% remote, based in the US.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role:
- Business Partnership: Support Managers regarding business strategy, go to market, functional strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning.
- Financial Modeling: Maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process.
- Data Analysis: Produce KPI reporting and root cause trends in KPIs. Prepare insights for variance and key meetings.
- Project Management: Run small sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience to FP&A management, functional managers and directors.
- Project Management: Run medium sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience CFO, CFO staff and a functional EVP.
We're looking for:
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- Experience owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- A Senior Analyst with 5-7 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model, or a Manager with 7-10 years experience.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, Sisense and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.