This position is 100% remote, based in the US.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfil your role.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
Experience within a Finance role, partnering with Senior Engineering and Product Leadership
Experience with forecasting cloud infrastructure costs, like, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure
What you'll do in this role:
- Business Partnership: Support Managers regarding business strategy, go to market, functional strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning.
- Financial Modeling: Maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process.
- Data Analysis: Produce KPI reporting and root cause trends in KPIs. Prepare insights for variance and key meetings.
- Project Management: Run medium sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience CFO, CFO staff and a functional EVP.
We're looking for:
- Extends the FP&A Analyst requirements.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- Experience owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- 5-7 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.