This position is 100% remote, based in the US.
The Procurement Operations job family supports procurement and spend management activities.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role:
- Drive year-over-year cost reduction and cost avoidance for indirect suppliers
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize business needs with suppliers across all indirect categories of spend.
- Negotiate price and payment terms with existing and new vendors
- Build strong internal and cross-functional partnerships with key stakeholders to identify and develop suppliers aligned to business need.
- Lead and support internal stakeholders through the purchase requisition process.
- Manage Vendor Data in the procurement system of record
- Lead and/or participate in the RFx process and vendor meetings
- Partner with AP to ensure vendor payments and resolve issues
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the category in order to make strategic recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Maintain and update the procurement process to meet business needs in a rapid manner
We're looking for:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of the source to pay process
- Excellent team player with internal customer service skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to partner and negotiate with vendors with a spirit of influence and partnership
- Communication Skills, both verbal and written, and ability to lead meetings and drive decisions.
- Ability to evaluate and compare supplier quotes, bids and information to make a presentation and recommendation.
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to navigate cultural differences and build global but locally relevant solutions
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.