This position is 100% remote, based in US.
We are excited to be adding an IT Systems Engineer to our team!
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for performing functions such as evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations. Other functions include analyze, install, modify and support operating systems, databases, and utilities software. The IT Systems Engineer also plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions. This job family reports to the IT Manager.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role:
- Deploy and manage business critical applications in cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Collaborate with engineering and security teams to coordinate on IT policies
- Build policies and scripts to support company owned devices
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material to internal employees and IT staff
- Work with Security, PeopleOps and Business Operations to develop automated onboarding and offboarding processes
- Develop tooling and processes to facilitate end-user asset management, provisioning and tracking
- Participate in general IT operations and user support
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to drive initiatives
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Oversee and provide operations support including account management, workflow, log analysis, troubleshooting and service optimization
- Assist in ongoing evaluation and management of major vendor relationships and outsourcing arrangements
- Develop system-monitoring and support automation to enhance and scale the quality of support
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in IT in a high growth Software as a service (SaaS) environment
- 3+ years of experience in user support in a cloud-first modern IT environment
- Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) tools like Splunk or ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of identity and access management
- Knowledge in one of the following scripting languages - Python or Ruby
- Knowledge of container and microservice technologies
- Experience administering SaaS applications like Okta, GSuite, Slack, Zoom
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux and Mac
- Hands-on experience working in GCP and AWS environments
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and Git
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.