This position is 100% remote, based in US.
The Accounts Payable team is responsible for timely and accurate processing and payment of vendor invoices, processing vendor credits and expense reports submitted by GitLab team members. The Accounts Payable team ensures that all transactions are SOX compliant including obtaining all required supporting documentation and appropriate authorization for disbursements.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role:
- Process full-cycle accounts payable including vendor and invoice management, approval and weekly disbursement activities
- Ensure proper GL coding for all AP activity recorded in accordance with the GitLab chart of accounts
- Process expense reports as needed and serve as an administrator for Expensify
- Administrator for Expensify expense reporting tool including the review of all corporate card transactions to ensure proper coding and processing in NetSuite
- Update cash flow report for disbursements on a daily basis
- Credit card account reconciliation
- Assist in year-end 1099 filings
- Gather and review supporting documentation for VAT filings
- Assist with implementation of accounting tools to help automate and streamline processes
- Assist team with ad hoc projects, as needed
- Assist with audit requests related to the accounts payable function
- Ensure internal controls are followed and maintained as related to the accounts payable function
- Fulfill all duties, including journal entries such as AP accruals/reclasses, along with reconciliations, and other assigned tasks related to accounts payable, in a timely manner to comply with the close calendar, - - checklists, and other due dates as assigned
We're looking for:
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Experience with Expensify and Tipalti is a plus
- 3+ years of related accounts payable experience is required
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Knowledge of SOX
- Proficient with Excel and Google Sheets
- International experience is a plus
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely and independently and interact with various teams when needed.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.