This role is 100% remote, based in North America.
Reporting to the Manager of Field Enablement Programs, the Program Manager role is responsible for building and managing world-class virtual global sales training and enablement programs.
What you'll do in this role
- Develop and lead the successful execution of sales enablement programs to ensure internal and external customers and partners are equipped with content, resources, tools and training to effectively differentiate and sell the GitLab solution.
- Collaborate with marketing and other SMEs to identify and develop core sales training and enablement curriculum, customized regionally as needed, for various internal and external audiences.
- Ensure alignment of sales enablement activities with key internal and external events, such as new product releases, campaigns, and essential industry trade shows.
- Manage and drive online, self-paced on-boarding and result-driven continuous learning.
- Leverage Salesforce.com CRM infrastructure and other tools for delivering formal and informal/social learning.
- Develop sales competency assessment programs, as well as partner certification programs.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments and the programs conducted.
- Determine opportunities for improving the sales learning experience and identify innovative techniques for delivery.
We're looking for
- 5+ years experience in a software sales or sales enablement role, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source.
- Self-manages workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Software sales or sales enablement experience, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source.
- Working knowledge of sales training technology and methodologies; demonstrable experience with sales enablement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relevant experience preparing, developing, and executing sales effectiveness strategies, tactics and action plans.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise (sales team, customers, channel partners, and internal support partners).
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with sales professionals and sales management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled at project and change management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- A shared interest in, and working in accordance with, GitLab's values.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.