This is a 100% remote role based in North America or EMEA.
As a Professional Services Technical Instructor you will deliver live and asynchronous experiential instructional sessions that support adult learning best practices. You will address needs identified in a job/task analysis, drive behavior change, and improve the performance of GitLab customers and partners. In this role, you will also deliver excellent customer service during training events and will run training sessions punctually and professionally.
What you'll do in this role
- Review customer feedback and collaborate with team members to continually improve the customer learning experience.
- Respond professionally and attentively to training session attendees to ensure they are satisfied with their learning experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members to plan and develop slides and labs for instructional sessions.
- Stay up to date with the latest GitLab feature releases and incorporate them into training deliveries.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for certification program design and assessment development.
- Meet all milestones and final deliverables by deadlines; when delays do occur, work with the team to estimate, monitor, adjust, and proactively communicate revised deadlines as needed
We're looking for
- Technical degree such as B.S. or M.S. or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years experience delivering live technical training and labs on how to use SaaS development solutions.
- Proficient with commonly-used coding languages and tools such as Python, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, YAML, Git, and Visual Studio.
- Working knowledge of and experience with using GitLab throughout the concurrent devops life cycle.
- Dynamic, engaging presentation style with strong presentation skills specifically in delivering complex technical training to a variety of audience types.
- Passion for helping customers succeed and for exceeding customer expectations.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying adult learning methods and practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and diverse experience working with internal customers and stakeholders in both live and virtual environments.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in simple terms.
- Excellent team player.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills and requiring minimal supervision.
- Experience with virtual meeting/webinar tools such as Zoom.
- Ability to travel 50% or more both within the United States and globally (when we're traveling again).
- Experience working with a variety of Learning Management and Learning Experience Systems and various virtual meeting management tools such as Zoom is a plus.
- Familiarity with statically generated websites are preferred, as we take a handbook-first approach to Sales and Customer Enablement.
- For EMEA based candidates, French is a bonus!
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps, and/or open source software is preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.