This is a 100% remote role based in EMEA.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager, you are mentor and advocate for your team. In this role, you will lead a team of SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, train other members of the SDR team, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and will help shape best practices amongst the SDRs while hiring, training, and onboarding new team members.
What you'll do in this role
- Train team members to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure SDR team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s.
- Hire and onboard new SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes.
- Partner with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, as well as the Regional Sales Director to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
We're looking for
- Previous experience managing a high performing SDR team.
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred).
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred.
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred.
- Passion around technology and curiosity for learning more about GitLab.
- The ability to use GitLab and Git.
- Excellent spoken and written English (it's our company language).
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.