Thank you for your interest in GitLab! It’s an exciting time to join our team. We're the world’s largest all-remote company, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
The Professional Services team is always growing! The goal of the Professional Service team is to provide professional services on-site or remote deployment of GitLab technology and solutions, as well as training!
Professional Services Engineer
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Install & configure GitLab solutions in customer environment as per Statement of Work (SOW)
- Provide technical training sessions remotely and/or on-site
- Develop and implement migration plan for customer VCS & data migration
- Assist GitLab customer support team to diagnose and troubleshoot support cases when necessary
- Develop & maintain custom scripts for integration or policy to align with custom requirements
- Create detailed documentation for implementation, guides and training.
- Support Sales on quoting PS and drafting SOW to respond PS requests
- Managing creation of new and maintaining of existing training content
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, ChatOps, and cloud native
- Above average knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems
- Installation and operation of Linux operating systems and hardware investigation/manipulation commands
- BASH/Shell scripting including systems and init.d startup scripts
- Package management (RPM, etc. to add/remove/update packages)
- Understanding of system log files/logging infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Programming/scripting experience & skill is required (Bash, Ruby, and Python)
- Project management experience & skills
- SCM admin and/or PS experience would be a plus
- Set up HA/DR, working with Containers and Schedulers (Kubernetes preferred) and also experience with AWS stack (EC2, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Ability to use GitLab
Principal Technical Architect
- Responsible for the application design, development and support of GitLab related Professional Services projects.
- Demonstrate progressive leadership in the full life cycle of the software development environment.
- Use of design documentation and best-practice methodologies to be responsible for the detailed design of Gitlab related projects from inception through production support.
- Ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business unit, ensuring that proper testing is implemented and performance requirements are closely monitored by working with the development teams.
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization, with awareness of related fields.
- Coordinate and oversee functional implementation activities for internal and partner consultants, developers, and customer points of contact (POC) on large scale enterprise projects
- Mentor PS and Partner Consultants providing guidance regarding ‘Best Practice,’ communication, and implementation strategies
- Liaise with and support of other functional groups within GitLab – including (but not limited to) training, development, support, product, engineering
- Provide business use cases supporting product QA of new releases and short- and long-term objectives of the product roadmap
- Review and provide input to PS training materials and presentations
- Develop case studies, presentations, and internal process development
- Provide support during statements of work (SOW) development for add-on or extended functionality by PS team
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other advanced technical degree
- Strong written and verbal communications
- 5-10 years experience delivering consulting services
- 5-10 years of enterprise level software development experience
- 5-8 years DevOps Platform experience
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point required. A working knowledge of core business systems preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to focus and clarify concepts
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities with effective organizational and time management skills; the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Professional Services Technical Instructor
- Deliver live and asynchronous experiential instructional sessions that support adult learning best practices, address needs identified in a job/task analysis, drive behavior change, and improve the performance of GitLab customers and partners.
- Deliver excellent customer-service during training events including arriving and running training sessions punctually and professionally.
- Review customer feedback and collaborate with team members to continually improve the customer learning experience.
- Respond professionally and attentively to training session attendees to ensure they are satisfied with their learning experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members to plan and develop slides and labs for instructional sessions.
- Stay up to date with the latest GitLab feature releases and incorporate them into training deliveries.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for certification program design and assessment development.
- Meet all milestones and final deliverables by deadlines; when delays do occur, work with the team to estimate, monitor, adjust, and proactively communicate revised deadlines as needed
- Technical degree such as B.S. or M.S. or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience delivering live technical training and labs on how to use SaaS development solutions
- Proficient with commonly-used coding languages and tools such as Python, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, YAML, Git, and Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of and experience with using GitLab throughout the concurrent devops life cycle
- Dynamic, engaging presentation style with strong presentation skills specifically in delivering complex technical training to a variety of audience types
- Passion for helping customers succeed and for exceeding customer expectations
- Knowledge of and experience with applying adult learning methods and practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills and diverse experience working with internal customers and stakeholders in both live and virtual environments
- Proven ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in simple terms
- Excellent team player
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills and requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with virtual meeting/webinar tools such as Zoom
- Ability to travel 50% or more both within the United States and globally
- Experience working with a variety of Learning Management and Learning Experience Systems and various virtual meeting management tools such as Zoom is a plus
- Familiarity with statically generated websites are preferred, as we take a handbook-first approach to Sales and Customer Enablement
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps, and/or open source software is preferred
- Ability to use GitLab
To be considered for our current or future opportunities, please submit your information below. By submitting your information you are not applying to a job, you are simply joining our talent community and will only be contacted should there be a match now or in the future. You can learn more about our recruiting model on our Jobs FAQ page.