Thank you for your interest in GitLab! It’s an exciting time to join our team. We're the world’s largest all-remote company, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
The Business Operations team is always growing! The overall goal for the IT Systems Engineer is that they are responsible for performing functions such as evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations.
IT Systems Engineer
- Deploy and manage business critical applications in cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Collaborate with engineering and security teams to coordinate on IT policies
- Build policies and scripts to support company owned devices
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material to internal employees and IT staff
- Work with Security, PeopleOps and Business Operations to develop automated onboarding and offboarding processes
- Develop tooling and processes to facilitate end-user asset management, provisioning and tracking
- Participate in general IT operations and user support
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to drive initiatives
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Oversee and provide operations support including account management, workflow, log analysis, troubleshooting and service optimization
- Assist in ongoing evaluation and management of major vendor relationships and outsourcing arrangements
- Develop system-monitoring and support automation to enhance and scale the quality of support
- Experience administering SaaS applications like Okta, GSuite, Slack, Zoom
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux and Mac
- Hands-on experience working in GCP and AWS environments
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and Git
- Ability to use GitLab
To be considered for our current or future opportunities, please submit your information below. Keep in mind that by submitting your information, you are not applying directly to a job. You are joining our talent community so that we can contact you if there's a match. You can learn more about our recruiting model on our Jobs FAQ page.