The VP of Demand Generation is responsible for overseeing all aspects of demand generation to achieve revenue goals that support the company’s fast-paced growth. This role is a highly cross-functional, strategic role which will require both creative and analytical thinking. They work closely with leaders across Revenue Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, and Sales. The VP of Demand Generation is a marketing team leader, responsible for the creation and execution of GitLab’s global marketing campaigns to generate leads and new business pipeline. The campaigns must consider global revenue goals and be multi-channel, able to be executed through digital and traditional tactics in partnership with Revenue Marketing. The campaigns must also be measurable and tied to GitLab’s global revenue goals. The responsibilities of the role include campaign strategy development, program execution, team management and process optimization. The position requires a driven, innovative and energetic demand generation leader, with a talent for empowering high performing teams and an ability to get things done.
What you'll do in this role:
- Develop the company's demand generation campaign strategy to drive new business, as well as expand the existing customer base. Own execution of its associated plan, including scope, target outcomes, key metrics and measures, and required inputs and resources to deliver
- Work closely with Revenue Marketing and sales to deploy campaigns and ensure alignment across teams
- Build systems and processes that will track and report on key performance metrics and use data to optimize campaign strategies continually
- Work collaboratively to build, inspire, manage and grow a high-performing global team
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly
- Work closely with product marketing, marketing operations, and sales to ensure message optimization and cross-functional alignment
You should apply if you have:
- 10-15+ years experience in roles of increasing responsibility, managing $100MM-$1B in revenue pipeline in high-growth companies; current or previous VP title, reporting to a CMO preferred
- Experience running a global team of at least dozens of people with multiple levels of management
- A firm grasp of digital marketing best practices, yet have an innate curiosity to continually investigate new trends
- Experience with digital and non-digital demand gen tactics
- Familiarity with open-source, cloud native, cloud, and Kubernetes a plus
- Excellent strategic thinking and ability to influence and work collaboratively across organizations
- Fluency in demand generation metrics and approaches to test and optimize them including the use of Marketo and Salesforce
- Proven experience scaling demand generation programs through technology, data and process.
- Demonstrated success and comfort driving global programs in multiple languages
- An innate sense of urgency to drive programs forward
- Ability to use GitLab
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this position can be found in our handbook. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page!