- Coach and mentor PE team to effectively address team member queries in line with our values.
- Bi-weekly People Experience Team meeting to calibrate on weekly priorities.
- Continually audit and monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Address any gaps and escalate to Manager, People Operations where required.
- Drive continued automation and efficiency to enhance the employee experience and maintain our efficiency value.
- Announcing changes and improvements on the Company Call and related slack channels.
- Driving a positive team member experience throughout their lifecycle with GitLab.
- Partner with different teams to ensure a team member is fully offboarded.
- Continually audit offboarding process, identify gaps and address.
- Improve transition issues and partner with L&D to implement training.
- Partner with all teams and hiring managers to ensure a team member is fully onboarded.
- Continually audit onboardng process, identify gaps and address through Issue board.
- Quarterly review of 30 day Onboarding survey.
- Support team on escalated queries / issues.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development is important in this role.
- Prior extensive experience in a HR or People Operations role.
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active.
- Willingness to work odd hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible.
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years related experience.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred
Primary performance indicators for this role:
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our People Operations Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with members of the People Operations and People Partner teams
- After that, candidates will be invited to interview with the Director of People Operations
- Finally, our CPO may choose to conduct a final interview