Embedded on-site Engineer
*This Role is On-site in Dallas, Texas
Embedded Engineers provide professional services on-site or remote deployment of GitLab technology and solutions as well as training. The Embedded Engineer will act as the technical representative leading the direct interaction with the customer’s personnel and project teams by rolling out best practices. This role helps the customer to faster benefit from the GitLab solution and realize business value.
Meanwhile, Embedded Engineers also need to provide feedback to product management and engineering team on the actual field experience through customer engagements and implementations.
- Embed on site with a customer for a period of 3, 6, or 12 months at a time
- Act as a GitLab evangelist onsite with customer's teams
- Identify pain points and issues with planning, development, test, compliance, security, build and orchestration processes.
- Assist GitLab customer support team to diagnose and troubleshoot support cases when necessary
- Help review processes and identify areas for improvement including the use of automation
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across customer teams, groups or divisions
- Ideal candidates will preferably have 7 plus years IT industry or IT technical sales related experience
- Experience with modern development practices strongly preferred (Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, DevOps Pipelines (CI/CD), Application Security, Cloud providers)
- Experience with several of the following tools strongly preferred:
- Ruby on Rails, Java, .Net, Python
- Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, SVN
- Jira, VersionOne, TFS
- Jenkins, CircleCI
- Veracode, Checkmarx, Black Duck
- Artifactory, Nexus
- New Relic, Nagios
- mono-repo and distributed-repo approaches
- BASH / Shell scripting
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.