People Business Partners (PBPs) are responsible for aligning business objectives with people solutions in the organizations they support. Successful PBPs act as a business professionals, employee champions, and change agents. PBPs are HR experts who partner with and advise the business by maintaining literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its way of operating, and its competition.
The Director, People Business Partner (Sales) understands and represents the business objectives of the Chief Revenue Officer's organization globally and formulates partnerships across the People function to deliver value-added solutions to the business.
- Forms effective relationships with the client groups and consults with executive level management, providing expertise and guidance when appropriate.
- Mentors and coaches other team members.
- Identifies great talent, internally and externally, who will raise the bar for the company.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning and improvement.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with team members globally to ensure a vibrant and effective workplace.
- Provides guidance on organizational structure, workforce planning, talent management, and succession planning to support the business strategy.
- Identifies learning needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure learning & development objectives are met.
- Solid track record as a senior HR Business Partner for high growth Go-to-Market function (sales, customer success, alliances, field operations) with experience in workforce planning and sales compensation
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years of experience supporting Senior Executive and/or C-level leaders.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with fluid information.
- Comfortable using technology especially open source technology and G suite.
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members. At times, courage is required to respectfully speak up, “push back”, challenge “the way things have always been done” and even disagree with leaders and executives.
- A team leader and a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem-solving
- Have implemented various learning and development programs that are aligned to the business needs
- Experience working with Global Teams
- Very strong EQ, with fine-tuned instincts and problem-solving skills.
- Strong drive and initiative with the ability to self-manage