This role is remote, based in EMEA.
GitLab is a hyper growth company searching for people who are intelligent, aggressive and agile with strong skills in technology, sales, business, communication and leadership. Desire to lead through change is a must.
The Manager of Technical Account Managers is a management position on the front line working with the Technical Account Managers helping evolve and grow our large, Mid Market and SMB customers. This is a player/coach role where the individual is expected to be experienced in and have advanced insight to the GitLab platform. The individual will contribute to territory and account strategy as well as driving the execution directly and indirectly. The individual will need to be very comfortable giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback, as well as adapting to environmental change and retrospecting on successes and failures. The Manager of the Technical Account Managers will work together with the other managers within the Customer Success organization to help execute on strategies and vision with the Director.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to help the Technical Account Managers build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform within enterprise customers. Coaching your team members to becoming the trusted advisors to their customers in a post sale situation. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. You will also be responsible in helping grow and maintain our enterprise level customers.
- Work with the Customer Success Director to help establish and manage goals and responsibilities for Technical Account Managers.
- Assist in development of thought leadership, event-specific and customer-facing presentations
- Share hands-on technical preparation and presentation work for key accounts
- Ensure the Technical Account Managers exceeds corporate expectations in core knowledge, communication and execution
- Define and maintain a high bar for team member expectations and enable the team to achieve it
- Challenge the team and yourself to continually learn and grow as trusted advisors to clients
- Monitor performance of team members and provide timely feedback and development assistance
- Create, review, and approve formal statements of work, change requests, and proposals
- Develop senior-level relationships with customers
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to the processes and tools used as a seasoned with experience leading teams of project managers and consultants in support of external customers.
- Work together with our Sales organization and Implementation Engineers to propose, scope, and price Professional Services Statements of Work
- Work together with Solutions Architects and Implementation Engineers to plan and execute internal projects, ensure that teams have appropriate training and manage resources to deliver Customer Success offerings
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead the team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Ensure delivery model is focused on quality, cost effective delivery of services and customer success outcomes
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on GitLab releases
- Documents services provided to customers, including new code, techniques and processes, in such a way as to make such services more efficient in the future and to add to the GitLab community. Works with the Product Engineering and Support teams, to contribute documentation for GitLab
- Help build programs that the Technical Account Managers will execute to effectively grow our enterprise customers
- Ensure your team maintains high levels of customer retention, customer satisfaction and customer expansion as measured by quarterly goals, surveys and Net Promoter Score
- Partner with Technical Support leadership to ensure a seamless customer handoff of escalated technical issues
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering and Product to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals, initiatives
- Drive team to exceed company growth and retention forecasts. Oversee initiatives set forth in Quarterly Goals
- Manage a team of highly motivated, customer-focused Technical Account Managers to manage the overall health and care of accounts (e.g. onboarding customers, product/service adoption by user, monitoring engagement across the post-sale lifecycle), and develop compensation plans and career paths appropriate to specific functions within the team
- 5+ years experience leading solution post sales teams (TAM/CSM)
- Experience working with enterprise customers and well-versed in enterprise engagement approache
- Demonstrated ability to build and improve strategies and operations to improve technical assessment processes and team enablement
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools as well as agile and/or DevOps practices
- Knowledgeable with cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proven experience partnering with the broader organization (sales, channel, alliances, product and engineering, marketing and customer success)Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to be present on customer sites and to travel up to 20%
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.