This role is remote.
GitLab’s Senior Director, Solution Architects - Enterprise provides strategic vision and builds and develops an exceptional team of Solution Architects. This person manages the team responsible for leading technical evaluation and validation of prospects’ and customers’ needs to drive new customer acquisition and expansion for existing customers. Partnering closely with Sales and Customer Success teams, this leader will create strategies and operations to effectively and efficiently accelerate GitLab’s growth and improve prospects’ and customers’ experiences.
- Hire, mentor and develop exceptional team of Solutions Architects
- Develop strategies and operations to improve win rates by aligning and articulating GitLab's solution to deliver on specific customer requirements and desired business outcome
- Identify and lead initiatives and programs to establish and scale the organization and operations for future growth
- Develop processes and metrics and KPIs to improve effectiveness and efficiency of technical evaluations, demos and proof-of-concept engagements
- Partner with Sales, Channels and Alliances teams to align on overall strategy and priorities and provide support for specific prospects, customers and partners
- Develop and foster relationships for key customers at the technical champion and executive level
- Partner with sales leadership to align with and deliver to regional and account plans, strategies and quarterly goals
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to improve engagement models and ensure the appropriate coverage of prospects and customers
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Services teams to provide feedback to improve products, services and value messaging based on field experiences and feedback
- Partner with Sales Operations to ensure efficient and ongoing enablement and development of the team
- Be a role model for GitLab’s values and culture
- 7+ years experience leading technical pre-sales teams (i.e., Solutions Architect and/or Sales Engineering teams)
- 4+ years experience building and leading teams of managers and directors with team sizes of 50+ team members
- Demonstrated ability to build and improve strategies and operations to improve technical assessment processes and team enablement
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools as well as agile and/or DevOps practices
- Knowledgeable with cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience selling technical solutions to technical staff, management and executive stakeholders
- Proven experience partnering with the broader organization (sales, channel, alliances, product and engineering, marketing and customer success)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Enterprise Solutions Architect Director will oversee teams of SA's, focused on GitLab’s Enterprise customers Requirement
7+ years of enterprise sales experience and well-versed in enterprise engagement approaches
- 7+ years sales experience and well-versed in scale engagement approaches for midmarket and SMB
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Director of Customer Success
- For an individual contributor role, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a Customer Success peer and may be asked to participate in a demo of a live install of GitLab
- For a manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule interviews with our Regional Sales Directors for North America
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer directly from Director of Customer Success
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.