This position is remote, based in North America.
Are you passionate about customers and motivated to continuously improve customer success engagement strategies and processes to optimize results for customers and accelerate growth for businesses? If so, you may be a great fit for our Customer Success Operations Manager.
We're looking for an experienced Customer Success Operations Manager to support the Customer Success organization by building and optimizing our lifecycle management processes, systems and tools, and our enablement strategy and methods. This requires collaboration with the customer success team (i.e., Solution Architects, Professional Services and Technical Account Managers (TAMs) as well as the broader organization (e.g., Marketing, Product, Sales, etc.). You must be extremely organized, analytical, and process-oriented. You must be able to leverage your customer success operations knowledge to drive innovative solutions and optimize field effectiveness. You should be passionate about customer success and bring expertise in lifecycle management approaches and services operations for Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB. This is a great opportunity to support a fast growing company where your responsibilities will increase exponentially with your ability. The role will support the vision of Gitlab’s customer success leadership team and will report to our Director of Sales Operations.
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. Our customer success teams are responsible for ensuring that our customers are wildly successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. We leverage a complete lifecycle engagement of planning, strategy, coaching, services and relationship building to ensure our customers exceed their goals and digitally transform with a world-class customer experience. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production and we don’t take that responsibility lightly. We have an incredible existing, and rapidly growing, customer base, with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
- Build and optimize a company-wide customer success process in collaboration with the customer success team and broader GitLab organization
- Develop and implement lifecycle processes, policies and metrics to support customer outcomes and business growth, defining the appropriate touch points (i.e., human-led and digital) throughout the customer journey (pre and post initial sale)
- Develop methods, processes, systems and tools to appropriately support our customer segmentation models: enterprise, mid-market and SMB
- Drive cross-functional programs and initiatives to support scaling of the business and integrate the customer success engagement processes with teams throughout GitLab (e.g., sales, marketing, product)
- Lead the development and rollout of systems and digital tools to improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency and provide increased customer insights through data, automation and telemetry
- Curate content and playbooks to allow the team to more efficiently deliver customer outcomes
- Create and coordinate key reporting for GitLab leadership team, partnering with the Customer Success analyst to provide reporting on customer adoption, sentiment and advocacy and business results (i.e., forecasts, renew, expand, churn)
- Act as liaison to customer success enablement to drive training and enablement priorities, content and methods
- BA/BS degree
- 3 years of customer success experience
- 5 years experience in program management and/or operations
- Experience developing and improving processes and policies
- Experience with customer management systems (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight/Totango/Client Success/etc., digital marketing tools)
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Experience with support and/or professional services a plus
- Experience with agile/DevOps and/or SDLC process and/or tools is a plus
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.