Director of Engineering, CI/CD (Verify, Release, & Package)
The Director of Engineering at GitLab manages the continuous integration, security products, and monitoring teams in our product development organization. They see their teams as their product. They are capable of managing multiple teams and projects at the same time. They are expert recruiters of both developers and managers alike. But they can also grow the existing talent on their teams. Directors are leaders that model the behaviors we want to see in our teams and hold others accountable when necessary. And they create the collaborative and productive environment in which developers and engineering managers do their work.
Hire and manage multiple backend teams that live our values
Measure and improve the happiness and productivity of the team
Manage the agile development process
Drive quarterly OKRs
Work across sub-departments within engineering
Own the quality, security and performance of the product
Write public blog posts and speak at conferences
10 years managing multiple software engineering teams
Experience in a peak performance organization
Deep Ruby on Rails experience
Product company experience
Enterprise software company experience
Computer science education or equivalent experience
Passionate about open source and developer tools
Exquisite communication skills
You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Kubernetes, Docker, Go, Helm, or Linux administration
Online community participation
Remote work experience
Significant open source contributions
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute first interview with our VP of Engineering
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute second peer interview with our Director of Backend
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute third interview with an Engineering team member
- Finally, candidates may be asked to schedule a 50 minute final interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.