Developer Experience is part of the Production Engineering group, which is responsible for keeping GitHub robust, resilient, and available while moving at high velocity. While we have an application development slant, candidates can put some of their SRE experience to use on this team.
The Engineering organization is highly distributed and the right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Rails applications.
- Develop and maintain systems built on off-the-shelf solutions and in-house applications.
- Writing and reviewing application code
- Work with on-call engineers to continuously improve system health.
- Review events that impact availability and performance and guide process change to increase the resilience of systems.
- Support new technologies are chosen by company-wide initiatives or small teams.
- Experience using or writing development infrastructure tools. For example CI/CD or robots for workflow.
- Experience writing and using web APIs.
- SQL and general database knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with a configuration management system
- Experience troubleshooting in production environments.
- Experience with a cloud services provider.
Experience with any of the following:
- ChatOps or chat integrations
- Git and GitHub APIs
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.