- Collaborate with design, marketing, and product teams to plan, design, build, and ship web pages, email campaigns, and other digital assets that support GitHub initiatives.
- Understand GitHub's brand and extend our style consistently on the web.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- A portfolio that demonstrates examples of thoughtful and well-executed design, including the HTML & CSS that brings your design to life in the browser.
- Ability to present your work, as well as articulate and receive written and verbal feedback.
- Experience with designing and building responsive, mobile-first web pages.
- Comfortable working in a remote-friendly environment where communication and collaboration are frequently asynchronous.
- Sense of humor and egoless ownership of projects.
- Ability to estimate, balance, and adhere to timelines.
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS (including Sass).
- Experience with Git and GitHub workflows.
- A love of typography, branding, and illustration.
- Experience maintaining and extending a front-end design system or style guide.
- Familiarity with Jekyll, GitHub Pages, other static web tools to build websites.
- Experience with designing and building HTML emails.
- Attention to detail and care when it comes to accessibility and performance.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.