GitHub is seeking a Channel Enablement Lead to join our Sales team.
The Channel Enablement Lead acts as a liaison between GitHub and our Channel partners. You will create and manage sales partner enablement programs to help partners in selling GitHub solutions globally. One of the main functions of this role is to help ensure partner preparedness to successfully drive incremental revenue through our Channel partners.
The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the different Channel types (VARs, System Integrators, Managed Service Providers and Distributors) in the high-tech industry as well as their respective business models.
The Channel Enablement Lead is an individual contributor who will report to the Director, Sales Enablement.
- Lead channel sales enablement initiatives for specific go-to-market initiatives – define enablement objectives, create partner enablement plans, execute, and assess the effectiveness of those plans and programs.
- Lead planning, coordination, and execution of partner training activities such as new partner onboarding.
- Enhance and update all existing playbooks for channel partners and sales reps.
- Coordinate enablement initiatives to support opportunities with specific verticals in each region.
- Partner with Marketing to enable and support partners on all partner readiness for various campaigns, events and collateral.
- Create partner enablement initiatives to meet specific needs for different channel partner types and provide more relevant enablement support for each type.
- Identify the need for new partner content and work with cross-functional teams to create those assets.
- Keep internal and partner facing areas up-to-date with the most current information.
- Work closely with GitHub’s channel account managers and field sales teams.
- Coordinate train-the-trainer sessions for specific Channel teams.
- Create channel enablement programs to support new product launches.
- Work closely and collaboratively with each respective cross functional team such as; Channel Account Managers, Service teams, Marketing, Solutions Engineering, Sales Operations and others to ensure delivery of clear and coordinated enablement across the ecosystem.
- Report partner training usage, certification statistics and revenue growth/opportunities on a quarterly basis.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks required
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization required
- Must be a team player with an ability to work cross functionally
- Self-starter with an ability to lead and follow-through projects and manage a healthy workload required
- Experience using Salesforce.com and other tools
- Up to 20-40% travel may be required
- 5+ years of channel enablement expertise with at least 3 to 4 years working with channels and sales
- At least 4 years of software industry experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge or experience using GitHub
- Passionate about software, technology and business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and through speech)
- Ability to influence people
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.