GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for an Account Manager to develop positive customer relationships and continue to grow GitHub’s business. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping GitHub customers and to be proactive in addressing issues and concerns.
We're looking for an Account Manager to be based in Sydney preferred (open to Melbourne) and cover the following territories: ANZ and Southeast Asia.
- Build relationships and provide value and attention to existing customers
- Drive usage of GitHub Enterprise by checking in with customers on a regular basis
- Advocate for customer needs for training and services where needed
- Drive renewals of subscriptions
- Drive services
- Drive upsell/upgrades of GitHub Enterprise in non-named accounts
- Advocate for the overall health of relationship to GitHub acting proactively to address issues and concerns
- Providing quotes and negotiating close for renewals and upgrades
- Help map customer's process and goals
- Assist in regional community engagement
- Work with existing regional partners/resellers assisting in upgrading and renewing/Upgrading existing business
- Help drive GitHub’s presence in the regional community.
- 2-3 years of successful account management experience in a sales organization
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in Australia
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!