GitHub's Git Infrastructure team is looking for engineers to help us run the largest code-hosting service in the world. Our team is responsible for storing and serving Git repositories, both directly to users and to other layers in the GitHub software stack. Come help us build a variety of microservices, protocols, proxies, and control systems and maintain them in production. In the coming year, we will focus on building out a worldwide distributed system to host 50+ million Git repositories.
- Plan, design, implement and review the software that powers the distributed systems that support Git at GitHub
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot that software as it runs in production on hundreds of hosts
- Respond to the needs of users and of other developers at GitHub
- You have strong development skills in at least two of Ruby, C, Go, or Shell, and a willingness to become proficient in the others
- You have experience with network protocols and distributed systems
- You know how to run production applications in a Linux or Unix environment
- You have experience with Git
- You have strong written communication skills
- You are comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!