GitHub is seeking a Head of Product Marketing to build a product marketing organization at GitHub. This role will set the vision for how our products are introduced to the market and own the messaging for the GitHub product line.
- Set the vision of product marketing at GitHub.
- Manage a team of world class product marketers.
- Deliver products to market, defining messaging, positioning, pricing, naming, and global launch strategy.
- Represent the voice of the market, including qualitative and quantitative feedback from the community.
- Create quarterly and bi-annual programs to drive adoption of key products/features, revenue and value for customer segments.
- Market assessment and requirements including opportunity size, competitive analysis, target customers and product requirements.
- Identify long-term opportunities based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market.
- Build product marketing strategy working closely with product, sales, and engineering
- Develop, support and build a world-class product marketing team.
- Empower the sales team with the tools they need to be successful.
- Deep understanding of software development workflows, existing solutions and future trends..
- 10+ years of product marketing experience
- 7+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years of experience focused on developer products.
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Eloqua
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with both B2B and B2C
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!