- Design and implement scalability, stability, and stress tests using open source industry standard tools and custom developed software
- Contribute to the quality, performance, and scalability of solutions by developing tools and frameworks to automate performance testing at the component and overall system level
- Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret situations/problems using multiple sources of information
- Create and distribute routine and ad-hoc analysis in support of performance objectives
- Design benchmarks, test methodology, and analysis tools, and partner with teams across the company to implement and maintain them
- Evangelize and support performance work and robust design throughout the engineering teams
- Develop a roadmap to expand coverage of performance testing and integrate via CI
- Significant time spent within a career focused on performance benchmarking and test framework development
- Experience building automated performance testing solutions including design and implementation using open source tools
- Experience in developing highly complex, technically challenging projects, with solid engineering, scripting, and data analysis skills
- Strong analytical thinking, logical reasoning, problem recognition, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to influence decision-making and development priorities in areas where you have technical expertise and insights, but no direct authority
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 4+ years of experience testing web protocols (HTTP, REST) and Linux at the command-line level
- Ability to carry out role independently and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team
- Familiar with Git and/or GitHub
- Experience with using profiler tools (i.e. DynaTrace, New Relic)
- Ruby on Rails development experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!