- Collaborate across teams to build a comprehensive test strategy with an automated approach for new features as well as to maintain existing regression test suites
- Build automation frameworks that can easily be adopted by Development and QE
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test automation development progress, blockers, bugs and risks
- Review code changes as they are made to become familiar with the implementation in order to have a focused testing approach
- Help Development when debugging issues by providing as much detailed information as possible (i.e. reproducing via different builds, logs, screenshots, videos, etc.) in addition to ruling out environment related problems
- Maintain the issue backlog and work with Development and Product to prioritize and include fixes within subsequent releases
- Connect with Site Quality Engineers and Support Engineers to understand existing production issues and modify testing strategies to incorporate cases to prevent reoccurring production issues
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for more junior Quality Engineers
- Minimum of 5 years experience in automating and testing consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment
- You are an authority on automation testing practices with the ability to demonstrate when to apply manual vs automation and how to yield positive engineering engagement
- Passionate about testing and debugging software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team
- Familiar with Git and/or GitHub
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Performance Testing experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!