GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Data Analyst to provide best in class analytics and data management practices within a quickly growing sales organization. In addition to exceptional technical prowess, a candidate for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail and project management skills.
As we continue to grow and scale, this role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization. As a key subject matter expert on our sales process, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Deal Desk, and Product will depend on your insight. GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
- Demonstrate a mastery of analyzing complex business problems
- Develop and define processes across the end to end sales cycle, including process flows and visualization mock ups.
- Conduct analysis to identify areas for process optimization and work with Sales Enablement to implement.
- Collaborate with key cross departmental stakeholders to gather business requirements and identify potential impacts to the Sales organization.
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to effectively drive projects to success: sales entry / exit criteria, process risk mitigation, documentation and enablement, timelines, etc.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to fellow team members.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working Business Analysis with a competency in Salesforce.com, Excel, Lucidchart or Visio, and detailed process documentation.
- Able to work effectively within a sales team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience handling conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills.
- Very strong organizational and analytic skills.
- Project management training and/or experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sales and Marketing KPIs.
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capabilities.
- Ability to independently manage deliverables and expectations across multiple key stakeholders.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we're committed to quality, collaboration, experimentation...and shipping!
We constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Additionally, we enable Hubbers who are not based in HQ, to have the flexibility to work in ways that are most effective for them (at home, in a workspace, etc).
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!