GitHub Security is looking for a Sr. Technical Project/Program Manager to join our team. This role, reporting to the VP of Security, will provide comprehensive project and program management across the entire Security Program.
GitHub Security, you say? Yasss...and what a team. We span multiple disciplines including Product & Application Security, Security Engineering & Operations, Security Governance/Risk & Compliance, and Corporate IT Security. We are responsible for protecting both customer and company data. This will be an exciting adventure for a candidate with fortitude, integrity, an affinity for the details, and a desire to continue building a world-class security program.
As the Security Technical Project/Program Manager, you will work with members of the Security department as well as stakeholders throughout the company, to manage our portfolio of security work and apply your specific brand of Octocat-herding magic! Our Security and Engineering organizations are highly distributed and you should embrace an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and to craft working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
Responsibilities:You'll be our project management lead, collaborating internally and aligning dependencies across the entire company. You have the perspective and experience to spot the conflicts between process and tech, resource constraints and dependencies, and can communicate and collaborate effectively with both deeply technical and not so technical stakeholders.
- Work with individual Security team leads to develop roadmaps, project boards, and delivery plans.
- Help leaders define and implement program elements, within the broader Security Program, with an eye for achieving strategic business goals.
- Identify and coordinate cross-project and department activities.
- Formulate, organize, and monitor interconnected projects.
- Facilitate resolution of timing conflicts, project collisions, and resourcing constraints.
- Identify and formulate KPIs on project execution, internal and external reporting on progress, as well as management of program KPIs.
- Aggregate and report on costs and budgeting, and cross-team project conflicts.
- Analyze and advise on resolving project issues.
- Security Program level adminstrative support.
- 8+ years of relevant information security experience required, including at least 5 years in a Technical Project Management, Program Management, or other technical/engineering leadership role.
- Deep understanding of security services and technologies supporting large-scale, highly-available, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS environments depended on by millions of active users.
- Awareness of best practices in DevOps and software defined infrastructure environments.
- Comfortable with providing assistance on internal team coordiation tasks and activities.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Proven experience and high comfort developing consensus and leading without authority.
- Proven success working asynchronously with a distributed team across multiple timezones.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience with software development/scripting using Ruby, Go, Python, bash, or another language.
- Prior experience in a systems administration, engineering, or software development role.
- Involvement or understanding of Open Source Software and their communities.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Professional Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Agile Project Manager (Cert.APM), or other certification/training and experience.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!