Are you interested in securing the home for all developers? GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We are looking for Security Engineers to evolve and advance the security posture of GitHub and its ecosystem.
Threat Detection and Response is a core function of Security Operations at GitHub. To effectively protect our people, our customers, and our business, we are looking for people who can effectively identify and respond to threats across our platform and supporting systems.
The TDR team is made up of analysts and engineers with varied skill sets, able to perform security analysis, threat hunting, incident response, and tooling development at high levels.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will work alongside other members of Security, IT, and Engineering organizations to help drive technical direction for all things security. You will operate within a team who are driven to develop GitHub’s threat detection capabilities, and you will play a leading part in identifying and prioritizing detection efforts within our environment. Through industry research as well as collaborative Purple Team exercises, you will look to foster an innovative and collaborative environment for bettering GitHub’s security posture. A successful applicant will have a desire to work in tandem with other security professionals to secure GitHubbers and GitHub systems in diverse environments at scale.
- Partnering with other security teams to identify, investigate, and mitigate threats
- Communicating persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation
- Working solo or collaboratively while delivering simultaneous projects on a deadline
- Developing, maturing and documenting security policy and processes
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- Collaborating on and leading purple team exercises
- Making well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others
- Continuously evaluating GitHub’s detection suite and identifying visibility gaps
- This role will require working non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays approximately 1-2 times per month.
- Several years experience with software development in Python
- Several years experience in threat hunting and/or detection engineering
- Several years experience with SIEM solutions
- Experience and/or expertise with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud provider
- Passionate about mentoring and helping their peers grow
- Familiarity with data correlation and modern threat detection techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of security controls across all security domains
- The ability to take a pragmatic, risk-based approach to decision making while applying practical security principles and practices
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in Japan.
GitHub is the world’s leading AI-powered developer platform with 100 million developers and counting. We’re also home to the biggest open source community on earth (and 99% of the world’s software has open source code in its DNA). Many of the apps and programs you use every day are built on GitHub.
Our teams are dreamers, doers, and pioneers, leading the way in AI, driving humanitarian efforts around the globe, and even sending open source to Mars (and beyond!).
At GitHub, our goal is to create the space you need to do your best work. We’re remote-first and offer competitive pay, generous learning and growth opportunities, and excellent benefits to support you, wherever you are—because we know that people flourish when they can work on their own terms.
Join us, and let’s change the world, together.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.