GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Corporate Sales Representative in Japan who will work with our customers to build great relationships, help them to learn about GitHub, our products and facilitate the buying process. We care about customer success, customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages. Most importantly, the candidate will help our customers achieve their strategic objectives.
- Develop and execute a territory plan for the Japan market
- Prospect, build and maintain a strong sales pipeline
- Work all corporate qualified leads and opportunities
- Work cross functionally with Sales Development, Solution Engineering, Channel Partners etc
- Primary interface to prospects and customers; assist buying process including answering questions and providing information
- Working with customers to communicate how the GitHub platform can fit with their business needs
- Liaison with technical sales team for all technical questions
- Assist with demos and trials
- Provide quotes and negotiate through to close
- Work with GitHub tools and technology to keep accurate prospect and customer information and forecast information
- Business proficient in Japanese & English language.
- Demonstrated successful sales experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience.
- Solution sales acumen
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Proactive problem solver
- Able to work independently and autonomously
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in Japan.
GitHub is the world’s leading AI-powered developer platform with 100 million developers and counting. We’re also home to the biggest open source community on earth (and 99% of the world’s software has open source code in its DNA). Many of the apps and programs you use every day are built on GitHub.
Our teams are dreamers, doers, and pioneers, leading the way in AI, driving humanitarian efforts around the globe, and even sending open source to Mars (and beyond!).
At GitHub, our goal is to create the space you need to do your best work. We’re remote-first and offer competitive pay, generous learning and growth opportunities, and excellent benefits to support you, wherever you are—because we know that people flourish when they can work on their own terms.
Join us, and let’s change the world, together.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.