GitHub is looking for a Deal Desk Manager to join our Deal Desk team. This role is a critical and highly visible role to support GitHub’s rapid business growth. You will be responsible for providing support to GitHub’s worldwide sales, finance and legal teams. You will be preparing & reviewing agreements and working on pricing proposals to support our growing sales team while ensuring business and legal terms are aligned with company policy. You will also partner with cross functional teams to analyze both external & internal data to influence pricing and field discount practices with a goal to improve bookings and gross margin.
We are looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast paced environment. This position is based in Amsterdam.
- Manage the day-to-day quote and pricing approvals process, driving compliance with approval matrices
- Review incoming pricing requests and provide guidelines to maximize profitability
- Effectively resolve and champion conflicts arising between customer needs and internal operational processes.
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales and accelerate deal closure through the development of in-depth knowledge of GitHub’s licensing model, deal structures and pricing to support to our worldwide sales teams.
- Represent sales operations, accounting, finance and legal interests in the structuring of non-standard deals. Drive approvals of non-standard business terms including legal compliance and software revenue recognition
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales operations, sales, finance and legal to recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field.
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the deal operations process, including mastery of GitHub and Salesforce.com tools
- 2 - 4 years of experience in deal desk, deal structuring or sales operations roles
- Strong business acumen, prior sales experience and or pricing experience a plus
- Experience with working with Looker or other business analytics tools
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Must be a self-starter with strong organization skills
- Detail oriented team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Amsterdam based preferred
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the Netherlands.
GitHub is the world’s leading AI-powered developer platform with 100 million developers and counting. We’re also home to the biggest open source community on earth (and 99% of the world’s software has open source code in its DNA). Many of the apps and programs you use every day are built on GitHub.
Our teams are dreamers, doers, and pioneers, leading the way in AI, driving humanitarian efforts around the globe, and even sending open source to Mars (and beyond!).
At GitHub, our goal is to create the space you need to do your best work. We’re remote-first and offer competitive pay, generous learning and growth opportunities, and excellent benefits to support you, wherever you are—because we know that people flourish when they can work on their own terms.
Join us, and let’s change the world, together.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.